- The only official study guide for the OSPRE Part 1 Police Promotion Examinations endorsed by the College of Policing
- If it's not in the book, it won't be in the exam - questions are only drawn from the 2014 Manuals
- Contains the latest case law and legislation - don't risk losing marks studying with out-of-date materials
- New for this year - coverage of the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012, the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, the Criminal Procedure Rules 2012, the Terrorism Act 2000, as well as revised PACE Codes C, G and H
- Written by experienced law specialists and professionally reviewed by the College of Policing, giving you confidence in the products
Blackstone's Police Manuals, available in four volumes, are the leading police reference texts in the UK. Written in consultation with police forces across England and Wales, the Manuals are the only study guides endorsed by the College of Policing for OSPRE Part 1 Promotion Examinations.
The four volumes cover all aspects of criminal law and procedure from a police officer's perspective, in line with the new OSPRE syllabus. Straightforward and accessible, the Manuals offer a logical progression through the material and are extensively cross-referenced to provide a deeper understanding and more complete perspective of police duties. For complex or commonly misunderstood areas, there are handy Keynote boxes, which point to relevant case law or provide an example of how material is used in a practical sense, helping candidates to assimilate the information better and establish the connections between legislation and police procedure. The 2014 edition has been updated to incorporate all recent legislative developments and case law, including coverage of the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012, the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, the Criminal Procedure Rules 2012, the Terrorism Act 2000, the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008, the Crime And Security Act 2010,the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 1964, and the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008. Also included are the revised PACE Codes C, G and H.
Blackstone's Police Manuals continue to be the most accessible, relevant, and focussed revision materials for Promotion Examinations. Widely used by trainers as well as police officers going for promotion, their breadth and scope also make them an invaluable resource for anyone involved in police and criminal law.
Blackstone's Police Manuals are also available as an online service offering fast desktop access to the complete text of the four Manuals.
Readership: Police Constables taking the Part I Sergeant's Examination and Sergeants taking the Part I Inspector's Examination. Also of interest to police training departments, police forces and associated organisations.
Write Your Own Review
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
|Order Value||£0 - £9.99||£10 - £29.99||£30+|
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
|Order Value||£0 - £29.99||£30+|
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.