- Designed specifically for all police officers and their counter terrorism training needs
- Draws together anti-terrorism legislation, practical counter-terrorism information, and strategies in one volume
- Clearly lays out all anti-terror powers and provisions with points to prove, powers of arrest, related cases and practical considerations
- Fully revised and updated with all new legislation, the CONTEST Counter-Terrorism strategy, and the National Security Strategy
- Written by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD), the officially endorsed online legal information service for police forces in England and Wales, in conjunction with the team from Counter Terrorism Policing North East
Accessible and portable, this Handbook provides all counter-terrorism practitioners with an authoritative, operational guide to anti-terrorism legislation. It also contains important contextual chapters on the counter-terrorism operational framework, the national structures and strategies, and the role and functions of key agencies.
The fourth edition includes coverage of the Government's updated CONTEST Strategy, Cyber Security Strategy, National Security Strategy and the national response to terrorist emergencies. It also presents a summary of the current threat in the UK covering the last five years, a new chapter on overseas counter-terrorism strategy, new case studies on counter-terrorism investigations, guidance on the Government Protective Marking Scheme, and practical scenarios and checklists to illustrate the operational application of anti-terror laws. The legislative section, brought fully up to date by the highly regarded Police National Legal Database (PNLD), focuses upon terrorist offences, police powers and procedures. These provisions are accompanied by explanatory notes, related case law, and points to prove, ensuring clear and quick translation of complex powers for the practitioner.
Providing with an operational guide to terrorism and the law, this book is an ideal reference and resource for operational police officers and counter-terrorism practitioners.
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
||£0 - £9.99
||£10 - £29.99
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
||£0 - £29.99
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.