- Content has been developed to match learning requirements, whatever your entry route into the police service
- Divided into six parts, representing the key stages in your progression from joining a police service, to initial training and then confirmation
- Provides coverage of all the key areas of operational policing, such as stop, search, and entry; attending crime scenes; public order and anti-social behaviour; sexual offences; and cybercrime
- Leads you through each topic, covering theory, discussion, and practice while helping you to develop the skills of analysis, problem solving, and forms of reasoning you will need to be successful in your studies and in your policing career
Comprehensive and reliable, Blackstone's Handbook for Policing Students 2023 is the ideal companion for the multitude of avenues into policing now open to future police officers, from pre-join degree courses, degree holder entry and degree apprenticeships. The book will also be of interest to Specials and PCSOs, especially those looking to join a police service as a constable.
Divided into six parts, representing key stages in your progression from entry into policing, to initial training and then confirmation, the Handbook leads you through each topic, covering theory, discussion, and practice while helping you to develop your skills of analysis, problem solving, and forms of reasoning. Coupled with a clear structure and accessible style, the book will provide you with the knowledge and understanding necessary to undertake independent patrol in a professional and competent manner. Key topics covered include stop, search, and entry; alcohol and drug offences; sexual offences; interviewing; and intelligence, as well as cybercrime. Those aspects of police training which are common to all new entrants are clearly identified. There are specific chapters on qualification structures and training and assessment, making the Handbook the ideal resource whether you are entering policing through a pre-join scheme or through an alternative qualification route.
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
||£0 - £9.99
||£10 - £29.99
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
||£0 - £29.99
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.