- Home /
- Lowa Mountain GTX Boot
LOWA's best selling Gore-Tex® Task Force boot! The product of 90 years of European boot-building craftsmanship, the fully waterproof Mountain GTX is identical in most respects to the Combat GTX (i.e. the specification and style), with the key difference being the shorter leg shaft and the addition of AWP (Asymmetric Walking Position) technology.
Smart, hard wearing, easy-to-maintain and with all of Lowa's fantastic foot technology combined in a patrol boot for the discerning professional. This makes the Mountain GTX a superb all-rounder, as a military boot or for uniform and non uniform duties alike.
Lowa Mountain Boots are ideal for Police, Security professionals, Military and Emergency Services personnel.
- Vibram® Tsavo Sole
- Excellent grip on all surfaces with its self-cleaning profile
- Brake, impact and stability zones
- Angled heel design
- Shock-absorbing PU midsole for extra comfort
This Lowa boot features:
- Upper: Full grain leather 2.4-2.6 mm
- Lining: GORE-TEX® Duracom
- Sole: Vibram® Tsavo, resolable
- Weight: 1780 g/pair size 8
- Construction: Board lasted upper, cemented sole
- Lacing: Open hooks
- Usage: Rough terrain
- Certified work shoe according to EN ISO 20347
Sizes 3 - 5.5 are women's styles, sizes 14 and 15 are wide fitting (at a slightly higher price). Call for further details.
|Boot Height||Full Height|
|Boot Toe Protection||Non-Safety Toe|
|Boot Midsole Protection||Non-Safety Midsole|
best boots Review by Retired!
Best boots i have ever had, my last pair bought in 2008 and still going strong, three re-soles later! (Posted on 07/06/2022)
Good boots but Review by Kevin
I like my lowa mountain boots but the linings in the heels have worn through after 6 months of use this isn't good because I would normally just resole my boots around about now but instead I have to buy a new pair (Posted on 29/05/2021)
Best Boot Owned Review by LoneGunn
Best boots I have ever had. I’m just about to purchase my third pair. I just wish the soles would last a bit longer. But other than that they are warm in winter and cool in summer. Just a great boot all round. (Posted on 14/10/2019)
Excellent boots,maybe the best you will ever own, but watch out for the soles. There must be a reason why they offer a resoling service Review by Stay off the moors Peat
I bought a pair of these boots 18 months ago and like all the other reviews, they are light and comfortable and yes the best boots I have ever had, even better than my more expensive Hanwag boots. But when I came to use them this autumn, the back of the sole had split in the exact same place on both boots. And to me it looked like the rubber had perished. Copshop have been fantastic and they emailed the photos I had sent them to Lowa to see what they thought. Lowa said that boots with polyurethane have a shelf life and perish. They also said that peat and animal waste speed this process up!!!! The boots have not received heavy use and have been cleaned and polished and waterproofed regularly. The uppers and bottom of the sole are still in very good condition, but it is like the two parts of the sole have separated. I just want people to be aware of this issue. (Posted on 11/10/2018)
Lows Mountain GTX Review by SIH2906
I’m on my third pair in 10 years. Wouldn’t buy any other boot, they are simply superb in every way! (Posted on 18/02/2018)
Worth the price tag Review by POPEYE
Pricey and squeak but fantastic in icy conditions and keep your feet warm. Very comfortable and will hopefully last (Posted on 30/12/2017)
Good Price and Good range of sizes! Review by JKL
Boots arrived, in good time and fit well. Very pleased with how sturdy these are and how much support they offer. I look forward to putting them through there paces... (Sizing chart helped me find the correct size I needed. I went for a half size) (Posted on 05/12/2016)
Good Review by Brownie
Take a bit of getting used to if like me you usually wear cheapo Magnum knockoffs but can see why the hype. Feel like quality and good bit of protection and sturdyness. Growing on me nicely. (Posted on 17/09/2014)
Feel like I've been wearing them for years! Review by MrsP
Will probably never buy another boot again! So comfortable and light weight, perfect fit, thought they looked chunky so would be heavy, not at all.
And this is only day 1 of wearing them! I love them! (Posted on 18/06/2014)
Brilliant Review by Longdog
The best boots I've ever had and using the sizing chart they are even the right size!
I've been through peat bogs and scrambling up cliffs and they're dry and ace. A+++ (Posted on 21/10/2013)
Write Your Own Review
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
|Order Value||£0 - £9.99||£10 - £29.99||£30+|
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
|Order Value||£0 - £29.99||£30+|
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.
|Foot Length mm||223||227||231||235||239||243||248||252||256||260||264||268||272||276||281||285||290||294||298||302||306||315||323|
A few top tips to obtain the best fit:
- Try the boots on at the end of your working day as your feet could have increased by up to half a size due to vigorous activity.
- Always wear your chosen socks when trying on footwear.
- Please remember that LOWA boots are available in half sizes.
- Fit the larger foot first but leave it unlaced. Push your foot as far forward in the boot as possible; you are now looking for a gap of approx 10mm in the space now left behind the heel.
- Put the other boot on and lace them both up with your heel well back into the heel counters. They should feel snug around the ball and instep of your feet without having to lace them too tightly.
- Walk up and down and experience slight heel lift only, and minimum foot slippage. You should not feel the front of the boot at all, even when trying to push your foot forward inside the boot.
- Boots may become a little wider in time (but do not rely on this when purchasing).
- All boots, however comfy they feel from new, need a little time to soften up.
Length difference from full size to full size = 8.46 mm (half size to next size = 4.23 mm).
Ball of the foot width increases max 3 mm from full size to next full size (half size to next size = max 1.5mm).
Wide Fitting Last
If choosing a wide fitting boot then the following width dimensions are added to the standard width: Ball of the foot width increases 2 mm on each size. Toe volume and instep height increases also.
If using your foot length as your guide (choose your longest foot), then add 10 mm before converting to UK size, to allow adequate length inside the boot. This is classed as the Mondopoint measuring system.