- Portable, highly practical reference for police officers on the beat
- Draws together in one volume advice on all the main areas of police practice and procedure, from issuing fixed penalty notices to crime scene management
- Contains extracts and explanations of official policy and guidance from ACPO, the NPIA/College of Policing and the National Centre for Policing Excellence
- Includes features such as boxed examples, checklists, diagrams, practical tips and flow-charts, to aid reader's grasp of important procedures and protocols
- Written by experienced practitioners from forces across the UK
New to this edition
- New chapter covering the advent of Police and Crime Commissioners, including their role and accountability
- An updated chapter on Counter-Terrorism and Extremism, covering CONTEST and Prevent
- Key updates to chapters, including Covert Investigation, Public Order, the Media, and Major Crime and Homicide Response
Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook: Practice and Procedure is a companion volume to the successfulBlackstone's Police Operational Handbook: Law. Offering guidance on good practice in core policing areas, it draws together practical advice across a wide range of police duties. With extracts and explanations of official policy and guidance, each chapter is accompanied by features such as boxed examples, checklists, diagrams, practical tips and flow-charts, providing you with an unparalleled guide to good policing practice.
Presenting a structured approach to police work, based on established national principles and practices thisHandbook is divided into four parts: Evidence Management, which offers advice on the capture and handling of evidence with chapters on crime scene management, disclosure, witness and victim management and court procedure; Knowledge-based Policing, which outlines the National Intelligence Model, the role of Police and Crime Commissioners, ACPO values, human rights, planning and risk management and dealing with the media; Neighbourhood Policing, which covers the principles and team structures, partnerships, problem-solving techniques and crime prevention; and Protective Services Policing which looks at the role of the first responder in major incident response, major crime, and civil contingencies.
With 34 contributions from leading practitioners in policing, this Handbook will be invaluable to all operational personnel, particularly neighbourhood policing teams (NPTs), trainee investigators and policing students.
Readership: All operational police officers, as well as student officers, trainee investigators, junior patrol officers, PCSOs and Specials. Will also be of interest to police officers on foundation degree courses and police studies students, as well as key organizations including Force libraries, the NPIA/College of Policing, the Home Office, and Police Authorities.
Write Your Own Review
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
|Order Value||£0 - £9.99||£10 - £29.99||£30+|
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
|Order Value||£0 - £29.99||£30+|
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.