- Provides a practical and accessible guide to covert policing law
- Designed to improve the quality of your Police Act 1997, RIPA 2000, and IPA 2016 applications
- Addresses the controversial use of covert human intelligence sources (CHIS) and discusses the pertinent moral issues arising from their employment
- Offers expert advice on planning, supervising, and executing investigations
- Untangles the strict statutory and procedural frameworks governing collection of incontrovertible evidence
Examining all the issues you need to consider when deploying investigative tools under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA) and the Investigatory Powers Act 2016, Covert Investigation is a highly practical and detailed guide to this important, complex and sometimes controversial area of the law.
Fully revised, Covert Investigation sets the context for the moral management of covert investigations, and the statutory principles underpinning such interventions. Authorization and governance frameworks are discussed, with emphasis on issues facing authorizing officers, as well as a focus on practical management issues from strategic and operational perspectives. Part 2 concentrates on the statutory elements of covert investigations, addressing directed surveillance, intrusive surveillance, property interference, and surveillance through communications and the data it generates. There is also discussion of the use of covert human intelligence sources, especially the significant moral issues arising from relationship manipulation and privacy intrusion within the sphere of covert investigations. The authors present clear and concise guidance to ensure that applications for covert investigations are made only in appropriate circumstances and that those investigations are undertaken with the utmost integrity.
The book forms part of the Blackstone's Practical Policing Series. The series, aimed at junior to middle ranking officers, consists of practical guides containing clear and detailed explanations of the relevant legislation and practice, accompanied by case studies, illustrative diagrams and useful checklists.
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
||£0 - £9.99
||£10 - £29.99
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
||£0 - £29.99
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.