- The market-leading text for custody officers, containing everything you need to know, including a step by step guide to all stages of the custody procedure
- Essential reading for both future and established custody officers, as well as inspectors, superintendents, training providers and others involved in the criminal justice system
- Highlights common problem areas and offers practical guidance, with real life examples, flowcharts, and summary sections
New to this edition
- Contains revised material on safer detention, clinical treatment and attention, and identification and samples
- Fully updated to cover all recent legislation, including the Terrorism Act 2000, the Criminal Justice Act 2003, and the 2012 updates to the PACE Codes of Practice
Blackstone's Custody Officers' Manual is an essential reference and training resource for all custody officers and trainers. All relevant legislation is presented in a clear and concise manner, together with analysis and explanation of the areas of the Codes of Practice that are most commonly misunderstood, to offer a comprehensive treatment of all elements of the custody officer's role.
Professionals involved in the criminal justice system will be acutely aware of the ever-changing legislation that governs the reception, treatment and welfare of people detained at police stations. This book interprets the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and accompanying Codes of Practice, and also covers detainees' entitlements, reviews and relevant times, identification and samples, as well as the extension of detention in terrorist cases.
The fifth edition contains revised material on safer detention, clinical treatment and attention, and identification and samples, and is fully updated to cover all recent legislation, including the Terrorism Act 2000, the Criminal Justice Act 2003, and the 2012 updates to the PACE Codes of Practice. Presented as a step by step guide to all stages of the custody procedure, Blackstone's Custody Officers' Manual highlights common problem areas and offers practical guidance using real life examples, flowcharts, and summary sections.
Readership: Custody officers, detention officers, trainers, and trainees. Will also be of interest to policing studies students.
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
||£0 - £9.99
||£10 - £29.99
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
||£0 - £29.99
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.