- From the foreword by Lord Carlile: 'This new work is not merely a welcome addition to Andrew Staniforth and PNLD's output. It is necessary. '
- The only practical, accessible guide for police and professionals working at all UK ports and borders
- Covers key legislation, such as the Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001, the Immigration Act 1971, the Customs and Excise Management Act 1979, the Aviation Security Act 1982, and Schedule 7 to the Terrorism Act 2000
- Written and endorsed by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) - the officially endorsed online legal information service for police forces in England and Wales
- Includes case studies and practical scenarios to illustrate the practical application of the legislation
Blackstone's Handbook of Ports & Border Security is a practical, portable handbook for police officers and other professionals concerned with security and crime prevention at all UK ports and borders.
Over the past decade, significant legislative and operational changes have been introduced to strengthen British borders against international organized crime and terrorism. Police officers, counter-terrorism officers, immigration and customs officials are now required to work together within new operating procedures and organizations. This book brings together all the relevant legislation, as well as powers, procedures and strategies for those professionals. Divided into two parts, Part 1 offers clear and detailed explanations of strategy, operational guidance, case studies, and an outline of the functions of key agencies. Part 2 is devoted to the legislation itself, focusing primarily on the powers and procedures for police, immigration and customs officers, and the main offences relating to terrorist and extremist activity, organized crime, criminal assets, firearms, and aviation, rail and maritime security. Written by the Police National Legal Database, Part 2 features explanatory notes, related cases and points to prove.
All police officers working at UK ports and borders, the UK Border Force, immigration and customs officials working within the UKBA on crime detection, Special Branch Ports officers, Counter Terrorism Units, firearms officers working at ports and borders, PCSOs and NP Teams at ports and borders on general police duties.
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
||£0 - £9.99
||£10 - £29.99
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
||£0 - £29.99
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.