- Explains the Police and Criminal Evidence (PACE) Act 1984 and accompanying Codes of Practice in a clear, informative & accessible manner
- Incorporates the latest updates to the Codes of Practice, including the most recent amendments to Codes C, H, E, and F in 2018
- Brings the legislation to life with a range of practical examples, checklists, flowcharts, and guidance to illustrate the application of the Act and Codes
- Includes the full text of the PACE Act 1984, as amended and the latest version of the Codes of Practice
Providing practical guidance on what remains the single most important statutory basis for police duties and powers in England and Wales - the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) 1984 and its Codes of Practice - this is an essential reference source which the busy police officer or legal practitioner cannot afford to be without.
The fifth edition includes all amendments to the Codes of Practice since the last edition, as well as the full text of the Act and Codes of Practice. Explanatory chapters have been updated in line with legislative changes, including the wide-ranging effect of the Policing and Crime Act 2017. With the aid of checklists, flow-charts, and illustrative examples, this book gives excellent guidance on how the procedures and requirements of the Act apply to common, everyday scenarios facing police officers, as well as other persons charged with the investigation of offences.
The book forms part of the Blackstone's Practical Policing Series. The series, aimed at all operational officers, consists of practical guides containing clear and detailed explanations of the relevant legislation and practice, accompanied by case studies, illustrative diagrams, and useful checklists.
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
||£0 - £9.99
||£10 - £29.99
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
||£0 - £29.99
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.