- Offers the only portable and practical guide for any officer conducting a serious, complex, or major investigation
- Written by an extremely experienced officer with 45 years of law enforcement experience, who now works as Head of Operations in the Investigations Command of the National Crime Agency
- Provides practical advice, guidance, and checklists, providing a quick source of reference for each stage of an investigation, as well as a handy medical glossary
New to this Edition:
- Now includes a brand new chapter on investigating suspicious missing persons
- Fully updated with references to the Major Crime Investigation Manual 2021 from the National Police Chiefs' Council
Blackstone's Senior Investigating Officers' Handbook is aimed at meeting the reference needs of officers who investigate serious, major, and organised crime. It provides step-by-step, easy to understand guidance on all the necessary considerations, procedures, and processes for a Senior Investigating Officer (SIO), whether performing the role at the very outset of an investigation or at the more advanced stages. Chapters include guidance regarding decision-making and the initial response, setting up and managing an investigation, investigative strategies, policy logs, victim, family, and community management, and liaison with the media. There is also instruction on suspect and witness management, conducting 'TIE' (Trace, Investigate, and Evaluate) enquiries, child sexual exploitation and investigating sudden and unexplained infant deaths. Each chapter covers the important areas of a complex investigation with checklists, keypoints, and real-life case studies to help explain the processes and why they are important. All the main investigative foundations, knowledge, and skills for mounting a complex investigation are covered. The sixth edition also includes a new chapter on investigating suspicious missing persons. Each chapter has been completely updated and refreshed to reflect new changes and processes applicable to each individual section.
Whether you conduct, review, or take a professional interest in serious and major crime investigation, this title will be an invaluable resource. The first practical guide to this important role, it is commonly referred to as the essential reference book in the wider SIO community (the SIO's bible) and is a highly practical tool for any SIO or prospective SIO.
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
||£0 - £9.99
||£10 - £29.99
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
||£0 - £29.99
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.