- The only officially endorsed Manual and Workbook for the National Investigators' Examination
- Contains all the law you need as a trainee investigator, including the latest updates to the PACE Codes, the Criminal Procedure Rules, new and updated legislation, and significant case law decisions
- The 2023 Manual contains new legislation under the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022, the Domestic Abuse Act 2021 and the Nationality and Borders Act 2022, the Attorney General's updated Guidelines on Disclosure and significant case law decisions
- The Workbook guides you through the material in the Manual with helpful exercises, case studies, and over 100 Type A multiple-choice questions - the only type you will see in your exam
- Written by experienced law specialists and professionally reviewed and endorsed by the College of Policing
Blackstone's Police Investigators' Manual and Workbook 2023 are the only official study guides for the National Investigators' Exam (NIE), which is taken as part of Phase 1 of the Initial Crime Investigators' Development Programme. It is the most comprehensive and effective package for studying for the NIE, providing the complete 2023 syllabus, and practical exercises and multiple-choice questions to test your knowledge.
Based on the bestselling Blackstone's Police Manuals, Blackstone's Police Investigators' Manual 2023 provides all the legal information which is relevant to your role as a trainee investigator and is applicable to all NIE exams taken in 2023. Covering all key legislation in the areas of General Principles, Police Powers and Procedures; Serious Crime and Other Offences; Property Offences; and Sexual Offences, it also features the relevant PACE Codes of Practice, with chapters incorporating the relevant Code with Keynotes offering practical advice and examples, as well as chapters covering the Nationality and Borders Act 2022 for investigators within immigration, customs, and the National Crime Agency.
Blackstone's Police Investigators' Workbook 2023 has 24 chapters, offering you an opportunity to gauge your revision progress through multiple-choice questions at each chapter opening, followed by a refresher section on complex parts of the syllabus with exercises and flowcharts, and recall questions at the conclusion to reinforce learning. Useful cross references point back to the Manual in the answer sections.
Now in its twenty first edition, both the Manual and Workbook contain the latest legislation and case law relevant to the 2023 NIE, including the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022, the Domestic Abuse Act 2021 and the Nationality and Borders Act 2022, the Attorney General's updated Guidelines on Disclosure and significant case law decisions.
Orders received before 3PM are despatched same day, to all UK destinations, BFPO and International addresses.
We treat ALL orders as priority, so no need to pay extra for a quick service!
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
||£0 - £9.99
||£10 - £29.99
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
||£0 - £29.99
If you need to exchange an item simply return it to us under our fair and simple, no quibble exchange policy.
Unlike other retailers in our sector there are NO restocking charges or 2nd postage charges to pay.
* Postage discounts may be available for higher value/low weight orders that fall into higher postage brackets (particularly for outlying areas). Contact our sales office for details.